Sunday 1 February 2009

Witness the Fitness.



A new year, a new start... well kinda. Those of you who know me well enough know that i love to run, i recommend it to everyone, nothing helps me cope with the stress of everything better well apart from one thing :)

Anyway so a new toy has found its way in to my lap! the new iPod touch which is magic and I mean actual wizards must live in this thing because its just impossible! I'm not writing a review i just can't help it :)

Nike+ is one of the best uses of digital media I have ever seen since facebook (still not reviewing ;) I have a chip inside my shoe that talks to my iPod telling it my speed and distance depending on the work out that I have set which is usually running a mile as fast as i can and a longer 1 hour run at the week end.

How ever this is just the start because when i get home i connect it up to my mac and it uploads the information onto my online account where I'm called davelawrie+ (yes... can you guess i'm in advertising?) 

I have a little character mini me which is a bit too flipping a like! I can see the all knowing nods of 'bloody student' already... but what i like best is the community side of it, apart from face book i have never gone into the world of online social networks outside close friends but with this I have created a team, 'melave' which is just me and my fiance and we get invited run with other people around really nice tracks not just the road where I live lol but you can also sign yourself up to nike+ races in places like New York or London. There called challenges where you can run 3 or 5 or 7 miles, once completed it uploads to your account and you get stuff for how far or how fast you run and a higher status for challenges as well if you like that kinda thing but what i like is how it charts your progress I can for once actually see myself getting better.

I have never been a fan of nike and have only agreed with one of there slogans which was about how running is 'an addiction' but nike + combines everything I love with ease, my first proper holistic branding experience and i have to admit nike has gone up a lot in my books.


1 comment:

  1. I wrote my dissertation on Nike+, it is ace and the way forward.

    Luke

    ReplyDelete