Friday 27 February 2009

Flat hunting


Have started the process of finding a new place to live after its all over and i have to say it was a pleasurable experience!

i might have got this wrong and theres something i'm missing and if i have please comment and tell me why but in my second year i moved into my first student house and it cost the 5 of us 300 pounds each for a tiny (fucking shit) 4 bedroomed house (the living room was converted into an extra bedroom) so thats 1500 pounds a month into Mrs X's grinch like hands.

i was nearly panicking when i saw the rents for a brand new flat on the new developed docks in ipswich, which was £450 a month plus bills and I will have to be paying taxes without my lovely student loan to make me feel better, welcome to the real financial world! which by the way is in recession... yeah...  However Mel explained to me that that was between us and so was only really £225 for a flat that is as big as the house, brand new furniture and kitchen, and with out having to share everything and with student houses you can imagine what gets shared... etc etc and Mels mother in law (a nice one don't believe Disney! she's actually a fairy god mother) swooped in and said she would pay the deposit on where ever we found.

So there's another big item checked off my list. Well nearly i have to find some where to live and a job that can pay for it and can get to with out having to resort to living outside it in a tent.

i feel very lucky as i have a pretty tight support system so if i go mad from the pressure or balls it up some how, i'm pretty sure my mum would welcome my gibbering drooling self back with open arms :) unitll 2 years later when i'm still there no job and spend my nights sobbing with a bottle of jack daniels... thats a big kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment