Tuesday 24 February 2009

An ODE to ABC

I don't know for sure how other 3rd year students are feeling but at the moment i keep getting flashes of  just how close to finishing my degree is.

Now for some subjects they have along way to go but my finishing line is just months away, still stuff to do but as for lectures and studying with my course mates, it's over.

No more stumbling in on a tuesday morning looking god awful because the SU had its main night on a monday!

No more staying up all night constantly texting other groups to try and find out what the other groups have done to make you feel better.

No more mitigating circumstances! 

No More slagging off the lecturers for not understanding our brilliance

No more no consequences for cocking up royally

No more, "where's pete?"

No more "I disagree!"

No more "shut up matt and dave"

No more "any questions... except george?"

No more "NAH NAH NAH"

No more emotional out bursts from luke! (i know!)

No more  being forced to act nice to each other when waiting for a tutorial with Gareth, when really you wanna say fuck off because your so pissed off and want to go home

No more Francescos pep talks... where would we be with out those... think about it

No more SU unless your really sad and come back when you've left *shakes head*

No more lauren rallying us together to get up off our arses

No more will and his flipping AUDI!!!

No more wilf my god no more wilf... thats like an institution

No more matt and dave plugging their music in presentations

No more amazingly elaborate presentations from Rach or Gem

No more NASA calculations to decipher what the hell chris and greg just explained

No more who the hell knows what with Kirsty and Becky!

and No more any one else that I have neglected to mention i might have liked you who knows ;)

No more ABC or the original ABM as i like to think of it and its a daunting thought maybe we should just start our own agency?

I won't lie i'm not a good a friend to some as i am to others, some may hate me some might secretly love me but for three years they have made up my a huge part of all my human interaction (some of them reading this are thinking what the hell is he talking about...) but I don't think any of us have thought how weird it is gonna be to not be studying together.

So this is an ode to the people who made coming to university a truly terrifying but brilliant experience lol most of them are very talented but above all just nice people (most of them)

and i wish them all the luck in the world in what ever they do afterwards because i reckon a lot of us will be feeling like paddington in the coming months.

I realise this has nothing to do with anyone bar my course mates but its my blog so there.


5 comments:

  1. Totally agree, as they would say on the OC, "it's like, the end of like, an era"...

    BUT you missed one vital, key, account-plannery goodness, no more me ;)

    See you later, hope is okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know what you mean will, your on there ;) didt edit it or anything.

    ::::::DISCLAIMER::::::

    if anyone doesnt like what ive written, its a bit tough because its my interpretation of what uni was like and who knows you might have just read it in a way for what it wasnt intended, if so please let me know and i will amend it as i see fit

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol has anyone said anything, i think it's spot on!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. more of a precautionary lol you know how ppl get :)

    ReplyDelete