Wednesday 7 January 2009

Rubix Dude


This was my courses original logo which I have since updated but its all hush hush so I can't show you but take my word for it, it's mesmerizing, wonderful a tour de force :) well hopefully.
My course leader wanted some kind of promotion that he could give to perspective students, I looked into my research as I will be properly re-branding the whole course for my final project and I thought to make the logo into a Rubix Cube. Apart from it being a highly collectible toy, its likeness to the existing logo is great and I love the connotations with problem solving which in essence is what design and advertising is.
Here it is!!! I went to my lecture room for a tutorial and it was just sitting there, I had sent the designs over a month ago and had heard nothing of it since. It was a really odd experience to see something I had made on a mac screen existing quite peacefully on the table, I guess thats what pro designers feel when they happen on something they've made.
I immediately stole it of-course, I kinda own it...
I can not wait to get started on the re-brand after this I'm buzzing to do more.


No comments:

Post a Comment