Sunday 4 January 2009

Cometh the hour...


12 days untill dissertation hand in... am I scared...yes, although that would be an understatement, the whole experience is terrifying especially as I am not a natural born writer.

The feeling of going through the whole dissertation experience (I find) is more close to that of having just trod on a mine...

If I step off the mine (my desk + comp) I blow up (fail) standing there I am focused on what is happening, everything fades into nothing but... I am safe (I will pass) 

It's an odd sensation, half of you is convinced that if you stay (working) your fine, the other half, if you go you die, so naturally you stay.

Enough time passes and then you start thinking you can make it if you just run very fast (rush it) and if you don't you convince yourself you could take the pain and live with the disfigurement (the poor mark or failure and emotional scars) 

Every now and again you drift off and you forget where you are (the pub) but the hooded man with a scythe is serving the drinks.

You could call for help but only you properly understand the state your in so what do you do? you could always try denial, denial is great because everything is fine.

But no... we wait... its safer until doomsday, then we have no choice but to make the leap (hand it in) and trust it won't all explode... 

I'd be comfier under the Damocles Sword 

but it will also be all over soon and I can hopefully get back to normal because is you've just read that analogy you can see something isn't quite right upstairs.

Good Luck to all my fellow Dissertationers I have a lot of respect for you especially if your from a strictly non writing dicipline. I hope it all goes well



No comments:

Post a Comment