Monday 11 May 2009

portfolioh no!

*choral choir noise* heres my portfolio all sexy and ready for tomorrows meeting. I bought it today after it had been on the shelf for only 10 mins, fate had obviously brought us together as it is simply b-e-a-utiful. 

To me it is very important and I had up until today been looking for quite a while, my work doesn't need a fancy portfolio to make it look better but fuck it it doesn't hurt and it makes me feel better as I love things to be understatedly stylish, the smooth cool guy at the back of the room who doesn't need to say anything for people to be impressed. (I'm not this guy) luckily I'm a good talker and can convince you that I'm very cool.

Choosing one is harder than it looks because my one had to not only match my favourite graphic designery clothes that I wear to look smart but with a creative edge but it had to be made out of a good quality material, have a nice smooth zip!!! for a nice opening action, have a good sounding snap to the ring binder which in itself has to be slim and modern, not WHSmiths own clunky ones. Had to be easy to unclip and fold over the rings. A proper internal system to manage lose material and last but not least is, to me, the all important fact that it mustn't have a stupid logo emblazoned all over it.

No it has to be genuine and I won't be sticking stickers all over it like a lot of idiots do, all it does is to make you look 12.

About tomorrow, I'm excited and nervous at the same time, a feeling a friend of mine really likes so hopefully this is a good omen. Its quite a trek I have to make and it could send me home in an emotional body bag but this industry just wouldn't be interesting with out it :) I could become a portfolio salesman... its a form of advertising...


No comments:

Post a Comment