Monday 15 June 2009

Farewell farnham



Well thats it, done but not dusted. I have left Uni. It was an amazingly sad day, i'm not ashamed to say that a few tears found there way down my cheek. My life changed that day my mum and auntie left me in my student village room. How was I to know that the next 3 years would see me change into the person I am today?. I didn't.

Uni is more than just getting onto a career that requites it. It's one of the most important experiences of your young adult life. I learnt to appreciate the little things such as a sofa, which after three years without I know have and love.

I experienced the pure joy of excess and I experienced the excess I hated. I know how to make a pizza last nearly a week, I know what its like to have an amazing time without having to remember it. I learnt that it is friends that come and go and that it is love that lasts forever.

But with the obvious fun stuff I have learnt above all that I am worth a lot more than what I first thought upon coming here. I am good at what I do and I love doing it. The romanticized look on life I had is gone instead is replaced with a world of possibility but that you have to go through some shit times before you come out smelling of roses. I can now pay rent and bills... I can't afford it but I know what to do should the occasion where I have money arise :)

I will never forget Uni or the ppl that I met, and I have an Americanized, massive baggy hoody to prove it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment