Friday 24 April 2009

My little red book.

You do not have to say anything. But it may harm my chances if you do not mention when questioned something which I may later rely on in meeting you. Anything you do say will be used as evidence in an interview situation.

Instead of having the little black book with attractive women's phone numbers, I have the little red book with creative professionals email addresses and numbers in. (it's OK I'm engaged).

Who ever I phone, everything I learn e.g. email address, good times to call etc, will be put into this book a long with my actions towards you, such as whether I have sent you anything. I can also set a reminder for when to follow up an email or a time when I know its good to call them.

A handy aspect of this is I can also record my mistakes so that I know not to do them again. A howlingly massive mistake was replying to an email requesting a covering letter and CV and forgetting to attach it. I should have been beaten brutally for that one :s

4 comments:

  1. I like. Why red though? Not green or orange?

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i be in the red book,

    George Wilcox
    professional alcoholic
    (If you need an embarassing person to fall over for fun, I am your man!)

    Contact: third bench in the park

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I chose red because it was the colour that naturally came to mind when trying to pick a colour that went well with black but wasn't the same.

    George, you are in the red book lol for people to stay in touch with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers dave, if i was as organised as you and had a book you would be in mine also.

    just to confirm, was that, keep in touch with or keep touching?!

    ReplyDelete