Wednesday 1 April 2009

An updave for your computer.



Hello, yes i'm back which feels like months since my last post but never mind its been for a good reason or i should say reasons.

i have been a  machine these last few days, i think the promise of finally finishing has given me a boost and i feel as if i'm possessed by a doing work spirit.

i finished my brand sector analysis which was a lot harder to do than i just said. 3 days no sleep, phoning in every favour i possessed for help, to make sure it was as good as it could possibly be. F***ING BRAND MAPS are bastards. But it was handed in leaving the Final Major project to go. Which is great because it's branding my own guitar store which is my all time dream :)

So what else have I been doing, well... I have been working in a design agency (nick cannons studio) where i have been honing my skills in graphic design and also strategy and working on my client handling. This however opened all sorts of doors. I have taken on a few branding projects one of which could see me spending some of my last summer in the Carribean (pause for effect) and various others including a website and re-brand of a special event. Lots and Lots of practical experience all doing me good except it has left me completely afraid of answering my phone :s.

Over the last few weeks nearly every phone call that i have received has been a client. what's so scary about that dave? well imagine having a director of a company talking to you like an equal respecting your opinion and liking your ideas! my only critic these days seems to be my mother.

Ok dave now your mental... Well for me personally its a very odd experience, many of the creatives I meet have final thumb print syndrome where they will say anything about your work to make it so that it is theirs or was saved by their creativity. There is nothing more on this planet i hate more than someone suggesting a completely bollocks improvement to my work, i just nod and smile but secretly there being choked on their own pen inside my head :)

So yeah what's meant to be an ego or even self esteem boosting experience just makes me feel awkward, i'm a complicated chap. I'm under no delusions of my own brilliance, i guess i have just been very lucky with the clients i have at the moment :) long may it last.

The major thing on my plate other than my major project is my degree show, I spent a lot of time and effort developing an idea with a friend of mine and we came up with a concept for the pre-determined title DIALOGUE, the idea was to have our work looked at through the context of our personalities by giving yourself a line that describes your self and your role.



















A lot of people liked it, mostly because of how cost effective it was and how easy it would be to do, in fact i think they only took it because of the font i chose, i have mad font picking skills!

Anyway so yeah a mixed reaction but a major portfolio piece for me as its some of the best design i have done and so i'm waiting to get my teeth into that.

Other than that i haven't done much...

No comments:

Post a Comment