Friday 10 October 2008

new logo :)


Here it is my new logo for self branding purposes. website, email, print projects etc. you name it this will be on it.
 For my last project in my first year, I did a self branding presentation where I had a logo that I believed showed my personality. I made movies and other things all designed to show me as a person. Looking back I did a terrible job however designers find branding themselves notoriously hard and for my part I gave it a very good try.
 Two years on and I'm back armed with more knowledge, practical experience and a much better sense of my self and so this logo was born.
  Why bother branding myself? well apart from being immensely fun, I myself am a brand that I must sell to potential employers, I am unique, there is know one else in the world who is me, there maybe many people who are a lot like me and it is these bastards who I have to differentiate myself against.
  With this logo I wanted to create something that was versatile and could be changed and lend itself to expansion in lots of different things as hopefully I will be producing lots of fun things to send to agencies.
  I started sketching my name in different ways because I wanted my name as my brand (obviously) I took a step back and couldn't help notice that although the designs weren't bad (I had gone for a sketchy, spontaneous look) they all looked the same; in order from left to right. I also noticed that my name is quite long and didn't fit nicely into normal size formats such as A4, it just took up too much room.
  I started messing round with the letters in illustrator and ended up with a sculpture like design that was abstract but still looked good, I would say like me but I won't for fear of a back lash of comments.
  I ditched the sketchy pencil look and decided to keep the design open so that I can change it according to who I was sending it to. This feature also makes it possible to create new meanings within the basic design, plus a couple of weeks later I would have wanted to change the look of it any way. I'm never happy with my work!
  The design fits neatly into the corner of anything or can fill a space and the over all effect I feel is a visually engaging logo that you have to work at (not too hard) to decode, very handy on my CV. This logo actually looks like a design rather than just a name in fancy font. 
 A nice clean message.
 Well I like to think so anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment