Monday 6 October 2008

hello.



 
 hello! yes my first blog is titled hello and that took me long enough to decide on in the first place! but I feel that it has all ways been the best way to start anything.
  So yeah on with the introduction. So why The Creative Pilgrimage. Well a pilgrimage is a long (and believe me it has been) journey or search of something with great importance and there are fewer things more important to me than landing my dream job in a great agency and so instead of inflicting the internet with a blog on my relatively normal life, I thought I would use this amazing tool to document my attempt at making it in the advertising industry, one of the toughest industries to get into in the world today. 
  You will be able to follow me through my third and final year at University where I am currently studying Advertising and Brand Communication. My projects, my ideas, my hair brained schemes of getting my foot in the door, my successes and the all ways bigger piles of failures. All will be here for you to comment with your own stories or indeed wisdom.
  New posts will be up soon and a new design for the blog will be in place shortly, it all depends on how busy I am. Either I'm busy and i'll be posting a lot or I will be busy and won't have a chance to post a lot, either way you can see what kind of a year I'm in for.
  Hopefully if what I wanted to achieve with this blog is achieved, it will be for some, an interesting insight into what students put them selves through to get into this highly desirable industry, for others a chance to relate and reminisce of old times, maybe it will be just a chance to laugh at a poor unfortunate soul and his predicaments, my course mates will see this as a chance to either feel really good about their work or hopefully feel really bad because my work is so good but over all I hope it will just be a place where I can not only teach (in a manner of speaking) but learn a lot as well and if your a person in advertising in a place of power I wouldn't say no to a job which would make my life a lot easier, all though would render this blog completely useless but I reckon I'd get over it.
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment