Wednesday 26 November 2008

Sipping champagne in the emerald city.


If you have bothered to read any of my past blogs you would know I entered a competition to design a logo for a new consulting company in Farnham.
Good news! I won, I was very proud because design technically isn't what I'm studying but goes to show a good idea is whats important.
The project turned out to be a thorough test of everything I've learnt. Not only did I design the logo but he also wanted the whole stationary package, plus ideas for his website. How ever this wasn't an entirely new experience for me. What I learnt the most was how to work with the client himself, who luckily was a very nice man open to ideas, which is so refreshing since I have since become accustomed to that look a toddler gets when he thinks he's being clever, whenever I pitch an 'out there' idea. I was treated and worked like a professional.
Me and Alex are still in contact and have been working on getting other local businesses to utilise the talent that is at UCA, because of my other commitments i.e. my dissertation I was unable to take on another branding project as a result of the interest in my work with Alex. So its all good.
I got a nice giant cheque for my troubles as well :)
Yellow Brick Road Consulting is run by the amazing Alex Warren and if your interested to learn what he and his business does or you want to see my work working live visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment