Wednesday 26 November 2008

BUSY with a capital F#@K!!!


I'm back!!! can't tell you how good it is to have the time to sit down and work on my blog :)
Mr Munch has helped me visually communicate the last month I've had in this stunning painting.
so whats been going on...well its November so naturally I had a really important presentation, this unit labeled creative campaign saw me and my creative partner squeeze VW, Twinnings Options and our very own UCA's black board student portal all in to one presentation. Now you may think this doesn't sound so bad but, and this is a big but not only did we have to fit the whole 3 presentations into 15 minutes, they had also limited us to 2 slides of our thoughts on the brand, 2 slides on further analysis of the brand, 2 slides for brand platform and 1 slide for each medium we have used.
Naturally I used 3 mediums, T.V, Print and Ambient. So this left me with 30 seconds per slide! all this in front of a board of directors of the university. piece of cake, I think not!
So what with getting all the research done and having it all executed to a professional standard, and rehearsed to a professional level, I thought we did ourselves proud.
However that's not what happened, what actually happened was 3 to 4 weeks of sleep deprivation, malnutrition, a slightly less than lethal dose of caffeine in the form of coca cola and coffee, a very neglected fiance!, a creative team who have known each other for over 10 years pushed to the limit of just how much you can like someone and a run through of the whole thing 10 minutes after we were meant to be there!
Luckily they were running late and we really pulled it out of the bag proving that we are not the worst creative team that has ever lived. ones thing for sure we would do nearly anything to meet a dead line! our lecturer came up to us afterwards to congradulate us, I could have cried... and I mean actual tears.
I have made it through this month and I feel a lot more optimistic about my future, and can get my ass putting up some work at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment