Saturday 31 October 2009

The Second Coming!!!


Thats right after a bloody weird couple of months I have returned and to say unto you that I have risen from the dead of unemployment and have risen a fully employed Art Director in Advertising. Spread the word of the graduate lord!!!.

As you can see i'm still a loser but its all good :)

Right then so what happened since i was bored and poor... i'm still poor but in no way bored any more (i still play pokemon in the loo though)

The placement went very well seeing me and my Copywriter Mr Roach work on a number of great briefs ranging from Nestea (ice tea) to the advertising giants Coca Cola. There were others going for the position but (and I quote) "they were just shit" so we were either very good or they were just that bad either way I have one of the most difficult jobs to attain after graduating which is sweeeeeeeeet.

Won't ramble on or boast too much mostly because I could still lose this job as I am on whats called a probationary 3 months which means at the end they can say "actually we made a huge mistake don't let the door hit you on the way out!"

So no break, no big sigh of relief just a huge carrot at the end of a rope for us to follow. Don't know what the laws are might put up some work but this blog isn't about cataloguing what's going on in the ad world, there are much better blogs for that, no this blog is for me and about me and what's going on inside this creatives mind and hopefully will help others going into this industry with the bits that are always forgotten in lesson and in the text books.

I hope you continue to enjoy my thoroughly self indulging stories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment